Tertiary study is a step up in challenge from High School, each year of Tertiary study becomes more challenging as you head towards your graduation. Our Tertiary-Ready programme helps you to prepare for all that is ahead of you.
You can access the coaching programme at your own pace at your own place and you have access to COACH Marina while you are on the programme. We recommend this programme for Year 12-13 students.
TERTIARY READY PROGRAMME CONTENT
1. Welcome and Introduction to Tertiary Study
2. Where should you study?
3. Planning your study
4. Subjects and papers
5. Where should you live?
6. First year - the fresher challenge
7. Learning challenges
8. The Library connection
9. Coping with anxiety
10. Goal Management
11. Time Management
12. How to study
13. Financial Management
14. Applying for Scholarships
15. Emotional Intelligence
16. Networking at Tertiary Level
18. Understanding Postgraduate
19. Orientation week
20. Alcohol and Girls
5 Recorded Interviews
1. Mikayla Choat - her finanical story ( she won 2 scholarships to study)
2. Rhona Roberts - campus wellness
3. Lotta Dann - her journey with Tertiary study and alcohol
4. Marina Shearer - explaining Extended DISC profiles
5. Alex Monteath - graduate and personal trainer
Diploma Professional Coaching - Southern Institute of Technology
Master Trainer - Extended DISC
Trinity College - Business Communication Certificate
Watch one of our tertiary podcasts now
Dr Vanessa Lattimore speaks about her education and role as a Breast Cancer Researcher. Educated at Lincoln University and Otago University Vanessa didn't know for a long time what she wanted to do with her life, after years of study she found her place and is now loving the research she is doing. Vanessa is a great example of studying what you love and finding your niche.